Monday, April 02, 2007

Gracie and the Worm

A certain beloved member of my family recently pointed out to me the dramatic disparity between the number of pictures of my smiley Luke and my screeching Grace. Grace does not like the camera these days. Since it's hard to take a bad picture of Luke, I concentrate my talents where they're appreciated. But today was different. . .

Today it hit 70 degrees and we all piled outside for some fresh air. While Luke played beautifully on his blanket, Grace and I decided to do some digging. She really wanted to see a bug so I threw my energy into a cool, damp place hoping for a big payoff. Bingo. A writhing worm. At first Grace was reluctant to get a good luck at it but when I held it in my hand for her to see, she immediately wanted to hold it too. I tentatively asked if I could grab my camera (hoping beyond hope she'd say yes) and she made my day. So here is a series I call: Gracie and the Worm.

"No find the worm mom."Here he is! We started on the shovel.
Look mom! Looooooook!
Placing him "gently" back in his home.
Looking for worms is "cool mom!"

No comments: