Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Truffles II

I seriously enjoyed the last batch of truffles I made so I googled around to read more about truffle making and find some good recipes. My eye kept getting drawn to the "cookies and cream" recipes and I knew I had to try it. I saw a number of recipes including a bunch that used raw egg. As much as I'm a fan of licking the bowl, I'm just not a huge fan of uncooked egg in baked goods. The recipe I settled on used 4 cups of ground up oreos and a bar of cream cheese. Combine the two and let it get cold in the fridge for about 2 hours. Roll into balls, throw back in the fridge or freezer until really cold. Get ready to dip.

I just might like these better than the chocolate raspberry ones. They're different, less rich, and it's easier to eat a few at a sitting. I need to get rid of these babies or I'm going to be cursing those extra few pounds as I run Broad Street.

For your salivating pleasure:



1 comment:

.jimaie.marie. said...

omg SO yummy!! my friend heather made these for her little girls bday in Sept and i ate TONS of them, it was kinda disgusting when i realized how many i had put away LOL!!!

mouthwatering as usual Jen!