Llama Llama Red Pajama has gone missing. We borrowed it from the library because Grace and Luke are big fans of the llama genre (who isn't, really?). One day I asked Grace to bring the book downstairs so we could return it. We got ready to go and I asked her where the book was. I knew I was in trouble when I got the blank stare. We retraced our steps and could not find the damn book. Grace has little to no short term memory. Every time I asked her where did you put it she'd look around, look at the ceiling with pursed lips (as if trying to remember) and then ultimately shrug her shoulders and run off to play with the dog. It was as if we were in an episode Twilight Zone. One minute the book was there. The next minute: poof!
Now I must do the deed and pay up at the library. I'm annoyed by this but a number of people (including 2 librarians) have assured me this happens all the time. If we had lost it from the start I would be more amenable to saying oh well, no big deal. But that book is here--somewhere. And it's killing me that I can't find it.
So if you see this llama out and about--he's wanted and this mama wants to end the drama.
1 comment:
oh man, i HATE when this happens! That is why i am a mean momma and we don't borrow books from there anymore...friends and family have lovingly nicknamed our house, the black hole. thing disappear into NOWHERE and never return, its the strangest most obnoxious thing!
So now we just make trips to Barnes and Noble and the library to read read read and then leave. It's better for my wallet that way ;)
Post a Comment