I'm stealing a title from my husband's blog. . . It's Luke's favorite question and cracks me up when I hear it.
My sister, her husband, and 3 boys ranging in age from 3 months to seven years old will be living with us for a while. It's not my business to discuss why but they found themselves in a terrible situation and we opened our doors.
We've spent the last week or so clearing out bedroom space and making room in our basement. It's been a chaotic time, a sad time, and an exciting time. I'd be foolish to go into this thinking all will be honky dory. My sister and I get along very well and I adore her boys. But living together can be stressful and neither of us knows how exactly this will go down.
Over Labor Day weekend they'll make their big move into our house. My nephew starts school in our district on Tuesday and Tim will be in Grace's preschool class. Nicholas will be offering his almost always present, fists out smiles to all who care to coo with him.
I've been using my runs to ponder details, arrangements, and the how to's. It's a bit mind-numbing after a bit but the constant changing scenery and beautiful summer mornings make the runs pass quickly.
Yesterday was a rough recovery run. I doubt I even hit an 11 minute mile pace. My quads ached and my legs felt like lead. My heart was jumping all over the place. I kept slowing it down to a snail's pace and was thank ful when it was done. Barely 4 in 45.
Today my legs said hey baby-let's run! I was shocked they has as much spunk as they did. They were still a little sore but not lead tired. I let them go keeping an eye on my breathings. 4.5 in 42:00. I was excited to see I hadn't totally blown the week with Saturday's run.
We;re getting closer to some big running events for everyone. I eagerly check in to see everyone's progress and absorb sage wisdom;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good luck with the family merge! I have no sage words there, I don't even live within a 1000 miles of my family. :)
And no worries on those recovery runs, that's what they're for ...being supa dupa slow and working out the soreness in your legs.
You're a wonderful person to open your home. When times get tough (and they inevitably will, sadly), just remember that.
Good luck. I had my MIL with us for a over a month this summer. There were definately positives and negatives to the experience. Having grown up living with my grandparents I anticipated it.
Just make sure there is time put aside for just your family and you'll be fine!
Post a Comment