Yesterday was our second annual trip to Storybook Land located just outside of Atlantic City. I simply cannot say enough good things about this park. All of the rides are for kids 10 and under. Imagine a carnival where your kiddos can go on EVERYTHING. Now put that carnival into the most immaculately landscaped, picturesque park and you have Storybook Land. Flowers overflowing their pots are everywhere. Trash cans are giant hippos heads that say "thank you" when you make a deposit. No line is more than 10 minutes. We went with the cousins and my aunt and Nina and what a wonderful day!
Last year Luke couldn't walk. He scooted everywhere much to everyone's amusement. This year he was leading the charge. He got off to a rough start because the concept of waiting in line was a bit hard for a 2 year old to grasp. That incident aside, there was no telling this kid he was two. He was the one up front, running with the bigger kids, yelling "C'mon Gracie! Go!"
I had some trepidation about him going on the bigger rides like the whirling turtle shells, the roller coaster, and the tea cups but I found I was the one who screamed like a baby and Luke just yelled "wheeeeeee!" Grace was a champ too! She was right there by AJ's side (he's seven) and demanded to go on everything. She also ran everywhere and as I watched her skinny legs and long stride I silently thanked God that she has her father's running genes;)
Within two minutes Grace was sound asleep in the car. Within 30 minutes Luke was out too. I had the pleasure of listening to NPR on the way home. Did you know there's a presidential election coming up? Who knew?;)
The day:
Luke made this face on pretty much all the rides.
On the roller coaster. Seriously fun! Luke threw a temper tantrum when we had to get off!
3 comments:
Totally unrelated to this post (BTW, the kids look adorable as always!!) you have got to check out this blog as I know you're a cake decorator yourself. Enjoy!
http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/
Oh my gosh Maria--that site is hilarious! I LOVE the scary clown cakes. I'm so making one of those for my sister, lol! Thanks for sharing!
Looks like a great day! Your kids are always so smiley!
Post a Comment