Fall is here and I couldn't be happier. I've said it before and I'll say it again: If I could live in a L.L. Bean catalog I would. In a second. The days are still warm but the cool breeze is in the air and it won't be long til we whip out the fleece. Oh how I adore fleece!
The leaves at the lake are beginning to change. We've spotted some beautiful red and orange maple leaves. This past weekend we weren't sure if we would go because of rainy weather but we did and I'm so glad we did. We took a ride on Saturday to get some breakfast and decided to head into New York ( a 25 minute ride) so Luke could sleep some.
We came across the quaint little town of Windsor who had a fabulous run down diner with an even more fabulous breakfast. The town was having an arts festival and farmer's market so we browsed around and then hit their seriously cute little library for some stories with the kids. In short, the day was perfect.
We had some unusual excitement that was tons of fun and made me realize I do need to bring the camera every weekend. Wild Turkeys. Passing through our yard. So cool! Tom and I have both seen turkeys at the lake when we're out running. Usually they're hiding along the side of the road and make a major ruckus when you pass. This usually involves me screaming "Oh Dear God!" and reaching for the pepper spray. And then they waddle away. Harmless silly birds.
On Saturday morning we spotted 11 of them cutting across our lawn. On Sunday morning Tom was standing in the kitchen and yelled "turkey head" and there he was bobbing past the window. They're seriously funny looking birds and really, someone needs to explain to them--lay low. Those people in northeastern PA have guns. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You don't want to mess w/ a group of wild turkeys. We have tons of them and they will chase you down!
Sounds like you had a fanstastic weekend!
Post a Comment