Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hand Me The Wine Please

Yes, the big box. Please. Someone. Anyone. Please.

Luke is in a bad place this week. He's teething and he's a mess. And I mean a mess. I'm hiding in my office right now because he's screaming. He's screaming because he didn't eat his dinner--a crowd pleaser of pancakes and bananas and strawberries. No dinner means no spectacular Entenmann's Halloween cupcake. Sucks to be him.

He's been waking at night, too early in the morning, and one hour into his typically 2.5 hour naps. He's cranky and nasty. And he's making me cranky and nasty. He threw his sippy cup at my foot this morning when his juice was not to his liking. He threw a car at my shin when I announced it was nap time. And he refuses to wear pants. I know--that part is kind of funny. He just better not pull that stunt at school.

I'm ready to try a run but I'm nervous. I feel like now more than ever I need to get out there. I have so much stuff I'm processing for the new job--all wonderful thoughts that I need to sort it out on a crisp fall morning. I need to burn off some steam. I don't think it's 100% yet but it's definitely getting there--maybe 85%. The past two days I haven't felt it at all until dinner time which is a big improvement. One part of me wants to wait until I know for sure it's ok because I don't want to get too excited and then disappointed. On the other hand, I think it's reasonable to try a light run/walk and see how my heel reacts. You don't know until you try I suppose.

4 comments:

Heather B. said...

Oh bad Luke! I sounds like you need to give him some wine!! LOL!! Hope he calms down soon!

I don't know much about running anymore, but I would try a light walk/run just to see how it feels. Hope it is on its way to full healing!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

So did you try running? How did it go?

Maria said...

Did you get out to test the foot?

Mrs. Fitzhugh said...

I agree with Heather...would walking hurt it? Or any pressure/activity makes it hurt?
That sucks you can't run away from Luke now ;)
Summer