As you know, Grace was a pumpkin for Halloween. Why a pumpkin? I don't know. There are many, many choices of adorable costumes for little ones these days. I just thought the costume was cute and growing up my dad called me "pumpkin" so there you have it. It's not an overly complicated costume but in the second it took me to figure out which end was which, Grace had done a backflip off the changing table. Yep, a total backflip. One second she was sitting there patiently waiting for me, the next she was falling backwards and I couldn't stop her. My first reaction, as she was falling, was "Oh shiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt!!!!!" But then she cleared our diaper pail by tucking her chin and landed right on her bum, no worse for wear. My second reaction was, "Wow, the Little Gym is paying off!" If she hadn't tucked, I'm sure we would have had our first trip to Abington Memorial Hospital.
Grace didn't quite know what to make of Halloween. Her dad took her out with our neighbors and she cried for the first part of it. She eventually liked fishing around in her bag for the candy but I don't think she realized it was actually food. I think she thought it was some kind of toy that made a cool crunchy noise. By the time she went down to sleep she was exhausted and was very, very sad. So here are the pictures you've been waiting for including the smash hit of the evening "Yoda Digby." Enjoy! By the way, I changed the settings so that if you wish to comment, you should now be able to do so. Since it's a public blog, anyone can post so if the spam gets a little crazy, I'll have to shut it off. In the meantime, comment away and let me know if you have problems posting.
Grace poses with her Dad

Grace watches "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" with me

Cue the Star Wars music!

Grace loves Yoda dog!

Yoda dog is pooped after a long night of delighting trick-or-treaters
No comments:
Post a Comment