

As you can see from the pictures something terrible has happened to our pal DiDi. It was time for his routine bath and summer "trim" so Grace and I took him over to Petsmart. Digby doesn't like going to the groomer but he eagerly jumped in the back of the car thinking we were off on some great adventure. I told Grace we'd be dropping him off at the groomer for a hair cut so all morning she kept pointing to her head and saying "cut." Over and over and over again. . . .
When we got there, Digby was in a panic. All 75 pounds of him jumped up on me and he got this wild look in his eyes. While his paws were up on my shoulders he started shaking his head left and right as if he was saying "NO!" Grace started to cry, "No DiDi, no!" It's quite possible in this chaos that the groomer couldn't hear me, misunderstood me, or simply stopped listening. I'm certain I said, "Give him a summer trim." We'll just leave it at that. I finally got him off of me and Grace was happy again after we looked at the fish and birds.
When I went to pick him up and saw the cut they had given him, my first reaction was horror and then uncontrollable laughter. I regained my composure long enough to "discuss" that Digby is not in fact a poodle and I've never in my life seen a golden retriever cut like that. We agreed that perhaps there was some miscommunication but I left there pretty unhappy. At least we don't have to brush him. Grace spent the rest of the day saying over and over "DiDi cut." Poor DiDi does seem a little embarassed and, to be honest, we are too. But you know Digby. Nothing phases him for long.
No comments:
Post a Comment