Well not really. . . .because it wasn't that funny. On Saturday my husband took Grace to her gym class and I was all ready to enjoy a nice, long, peaceful shower. But then I felt something run down my leg. Was it pee? Was it amniotic fluid? Crap. It was enough to scare me so when my guys got home we talked about it and decided we should page the doctor. I was glad to get the doctor I knew best because he's as cool as a cucumber. He said I probably did have a bladder leak (which can happen) but we had to run some tests to be sure. Then the chinese fire drill ensued.
We were lucky enough to reach my aunt at home and, while they headed for our place, we occupied Grace while in the back of our heads, worried, worried, worried. My husband is great in situations like this. I can fall apart pretty quickly but he always holds it together. When we made to the hospital in about 2 minutes, I realized he was pretty worried too.
We rushed past a group of expecting parents taking a tour of the delivery room facilities and I hope the looks on our faces didn't scare them too much. While getting ready to run some tests they hooked up the monitors to make sure baby was ok. The monitors are these stretchy bands that fit across your belly. I thought to myself, baby will not like this. I used to love rubbing my belly with Grace but this baby does not like any pressure on my belly and reacts VERY STRONGLY! As soon as the monitors were on, the baby would kick and punch them right off. The baby was moving so much and making so much noise a nurse walking by asked what the noise was and our nurse laughed and said it was our baby. At our 8 week ultrasound I distinctly remember the doctor coming in and saying we have a firecracker on our hands. Nothing could be more true with this one.
So the tests came back negative. The good news was no amniotic fluid leak. The bad news was I had, in fact, pee'd myself pretty bad. Ends up I have a UTI and my poor bladder just gave out. In talking to many other women since Saturday, I've discovered this happens a lot when pregnant and I'm certainly not the first to think my water leaked. There's lots of things that happen in pregnancy that women don't talk about with other women--especially those without children. If we told you everything, you might not want to go down that road. Peeing yourself is just another one of those pleasantries. Chalk it up to one of the divine secrets of the mama sisterhood;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment