Thursday, June 08, 2006

Would You Like A Grape?

Kids say and do the funniest things. I think it's half the reason why we have kids--to crack us up. The laughter more than makes up for the trials and tribulations of parenthood. Grace makes me bust a gut laughing at least once a day--and that's on a bad day. On a good day, the kid is hilarious. Recently, she's been on a roll and I thought I'd share a few of her funnier moments.

As the end of our pregnancy approaches, the baby and I are increasingly uncomfortable. The baby is seeking out escape routes via my rib cage which is incredibly painful and causes me to gasp in pain. The other day we saw Grace walking around, rubbing her belly, wincing, and saying "ohhhhh, ohhhhhh." It was too funny.

When Grace wakes up from her nap she's a real crank and it takes her a least a half an hour to shake it off (much like her mother). I've taken to turning on some TV and having a bowl of grapes ready for the two of us to share. It's actually become some of my favorite time with Grace. Well, I was inhaling the grapes because I was starving. Grace looked at me with the face of "What's wrong with you?" I explained the baby was making me hungry. She then lifted up my shirt and patted my belly with a grape--her way of offering the baby something to eat.

Here's one that stumped us. Grace is fairly obsessed with talking about belllies and belly buttons. This is due largely to the fact that, much like the Tahnksgiving turkey, my button has popped, indicating this whole thing needs to come to an end. The other night Grace was asking about belly buttons. She pointed to hers and then asked "da----ddy?" We said yes, daddy has a belly button. "Mama?" Yes, mommy has a bellybutton. "Didi?" Hmmmmmmm. . . .We both looked at each other expecting the other to know the answer. We raised our eyebrows glanced quickly at DiDi who had no idea he'd become the subject of medical inquiry and said "no." Do dogs have belly buttons?

No comments: