Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fall in Pennsylvania

I'm a Philly nut. I love Philadelphia. I love it's history. I love it's grid layout. I love its landscape. But we've been spending a lot of time in Northeastern PA lately and it's been a real education. I used to really laugh at the old joke about what's between Philly and Pittsburgh?: Kentucky. While I still think it's true (why do they fly Confederate flags in NE PA????), the beauty of the region is just amazing at this time of year.

We went to Elk Mountain for the fall festival and took the lift up the mountain. What a view. . . Too bad Luke began throwing a major spaz. On a ski lift. Half way up the mountain. And only mom to hang on to him for dear life. . .
The view once we got up there. Damn.
Unbelievable.
We walked down. No ski lift for us. Grace and Gramps. Priceless.
Sleep tight small, small pond. . . .

No comments: