Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm Tired Of This Week

Exhibit A: This is a good dog.
Exhibit B: This is what bad dogs do.
I decided to take a picture of the dog bite in the event anything comes up or, God forbid, that damn dog strikes again. I actually saw them out for a walk the other day and I felt nauseated. I have no idea how someone lives with a dog that attacked someone. Did I mention they have small children? Yup. This incident has made me realize what a good dog (read:saint) Digby is. The kids climb all over him day after day and he doesn't so much as flinch. Yesterday I was brushing him and hit a few mats--he opened his mouth and basically gummed my arm. I teased him--"Is that the best you got dude?" And I know it is. Later I heard Grace yelling for me and when I went in the family room I saw Luke hammering the dog's head. Uh huh. Luke going to town on Digby's head with his toy hammer. We had a "chat" about that. The dumb, saintly, nerve-impaired dog just sat there maybe looking a little sad.

My leg has been all consuming this week. It's really coming into its own with beautiful shades of blue, purple, and yellow. It wasn't sore for a day or two but kind of bugged me today when I ran. My arm is feeling better but I have lingering nausea and headache. So, in short, the whole thing is on my mind a lot. And it annoys me.

Today I dropped a meepy Grace at school and had a babysitter for Luke. It was 22 degrees when I left, too cold I felt for Luke to be out. Today was a tempo run and I wanted to run it hard. Tom and I talked about it and it seems, now sit down for this one, if you want to run faster, you might possibly need to, um, practice running faster. Off I went to Alvethorpe for some laps with that in mind.

I'm known for overdressing and I didn't disappoint this morning. Tights, windpants, a tech shirt, and a hoodie sweatshirt, a hat, and 2 pairs of gloves. Dear lord--as I write this I realize how ridiculous that was. After one lap I was stripping off layers to the great amusement of some tree clearing guys. I asked if my stuff would be in their way. They said no and one guy yelled "lady you got balls--it's f-ing cold out." I wasn't sure if I had balls or not but I did agree it was damn cold.

I think I ran close to 9 minute miles which is what I wanted. It was hard because it's so damn hilly back there but it felt really, really good. I worked on keeping a steady pace up the hills and trying to power some on the downhill instead of just coasting (which I'm known to do). I hurried home to get our babysitter off to class, showered, and headed to Produce Junction. I need to shop there more often. What great deals. I wanted some basil for a Greek pasta dish with feta I'm making tonight. Yummmmmm.

I also needed apples because it's the new fruit of choice. The kids have been eating apples and this chocolate soy butter spread I like but it's pricey (maybe $6.50 a jar?) But I decided to try Nutella because Costco carries it which makes it considerably more affordable. It went over great and I'm looking into baking with it because it's pretty yummy.

2 comments:

.jimaie.marie. said...

meepy. i love that word, i dont htink i've ever heard it used before but now i decided i'm going to start using it LOL!

grace can have Nutella? we love it here. teejay likes to eat it on pancakes, yum!

Jen said...

Nutella is 100% ok! I love the idea of it on pancakes. And cookies. And pretzels. And strawberries--heck--even a spoon!