Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Aching Leg, Tooth, Arm. . .

What a mess I am lately. Yesterday was my idea of a fun presidential holiday. It started with an 8:15 dentist appointment. Based on my dentist's reaction, it surely was the biggest cavity he'd ever seen. I wasn't in the mood considering he was drilling away in my mouth at the time but, if I could have talked, I think I would have told him something obnoxious like call the producers of my favorite 80's show "That's Incredible!" As if he's never seen a big cavity. . . Whatever dude.

Shortly after that, I popped 2 advil because my tooth was beginning to ache. Just in time to head in for my tetanus shot for the dog bite. It didn't hurt getting the shot but when I got home I felt my arm beginning to swell. Today I woke up with a terrible headache, some nausea, and a golf-ball sized lump on my bicep. Apparently all normal based on the sheet the nurse threw at me on my way out. Did I mention I can't stand my doctor's office? They actually have a sign up saying don't wear "overpowering perfume" or sneeze or cough on them--the definition of a people-friendly medical practice.

So I did manage to hit the treadmill yesterday but with much trepidation. I knew my leg would be sore and it was. I turned on a movie and just warmed up really, really slow and tried to keep my mind off of all my woes. I ended up getting in 4 miles in 45 minutes. My leg didn't really bother me after the first mile or so.

Today I got out with Luke in the stroller for a relaxing 45 minute jog. My leg didn't hurt (despite the brilliant hues of purple and blue I'm seeing each day). I think running with the jog stroller was wise because I couldn't swing my aching arm. My tooth feels fine today too. It was cold this morning but I warmed up quickly and Luke almost immediately fell asleep. Just a nice, uneventful run. I'm hoping to put these aches and pains behind me and just get back on the training plan for Broad Street. By the way, registration has begun for it making it all the more real to me.

In other news, we thought we had figured out Grace's GI problems. I even called the ped to confirm how much dairy we add and when to see what she can tolerate. Then after dinner she was once again on the potty bent double with gas and struggling. All she had yesterday that was new was some Earth Balance spread. So we're thinking maybe it's something in this earthy, crunchy, organic stuff that irritates her tummy? We backed off of it today and we'll keep playing with it til we figure this thing out.

No comments: