Along the way there were some bumps and bruises but I've grown more relaxed when I decorate. I've learned that unless I drop the cake on the floor pretty much any cake is salvageable. The sheet cake I made for the shower developed a huge crack in the top of it as it cooled. I've since learned the cake may have needed a slightly longer bake time or more time in the pan to cool.
Anywho, in the past I would have freaked because it was the nice flat slide that looks good icing'd up. Oh well, flip it over and no one will know. The only problem was the crack was so big, it made me wonder if a fill layer was a good idea since torting it with a giant crack would be hard. I knew Meghan wanted a strawberry shortcake along the lines of what our mom used to make so I used it as my inspiration for the sheet cake. Here some pictures of the goodies.
I always get really nervous when I tort a cake. I take many, many deep breaths and cut away. This is a white cake with a hint of cinnamon. The filling is strawberries and vanilla pudding. Putting the "lid" on top is just as stressful but I've learned even if it breaks, nothing a little icing can't fix.
No comments:
Post a Comment