What I Was Doing Ten Years Ago?
1) That would make me 24. Ahhhh 24. . . I miss you 24! I was in the earliest days of my graduate career at Temple University--starting work on the ole doctorate
2) I worked at Eastern State Penitentiary as a tour guide and later as site manager.
3) Tom and I had our first apartment in the city on Wallace Street in Fairmount
4) We LOVED to frequent the local establishments including: Brigid's, The London Grill, The Bishop's Collar, and Chaucer's.
5) I loved the city. I sometimes miss it so much it makes my heart ache. I frequently rode my bike along Kelly and West River Drive and through Fairmount Park. My favorite place to sit and watch the world go by was Rittenhouse Square. This was made all the more memorable if my adviser, Allen Davis was there. It was there, on those benches he taught me how to "read" a city.
5 Things On My To Do List Today:
1)Call my sister and ask who she wants invited to her baby shower. (did that and had a nice chat:)
2) Call my aunt and see when I need to drop off baked goods for multi-family yard sale benefiting Nina's grandnephew. Left a message.
3) Run. Did that. 4.5 miles hard and in the rain. I do rock the house. .
4) Tom's been working hard so I made him a blueberry coffee cake to make mornings a little happier.
5) Do a craft with the kids. Today: paper bag puppets
5 Snacks I enjoy:
1) Wine, wine, wine. Not a snack? Foo on you. Don't snack with me!
2) Those chocolate raspberry sticks from Trader Joe's.
3) Salami. Gross? Not to me baby!
4)My mom's crab dip.
5)Nachos from the London Grill.
5 Things I would Do if I was a millionaire: (I could quibble with this one--just a millionaire? A Multi-millionaire? Let's go with that one, it's more fun.
1) I'd make lump some payments to each of our siblings and parents. Nothing huge but a little nest egg type of thing for a house down payment, debt repayment, stuff like that.
2)Make lakehouse a 4 season place and then by a cottage in the Keys.
3)Buy Tom a new car. Something sporty and fast!
4)Take my family to a rocking Disney World vacation
5)Open my own bakery. Gasp--did I say that?
5 of My Bad Habits (here it comes. . . )
1) Similarly to Maie, I'm always right. It's very hard to be me. . .
2)Too much self doubt--isn't this ironic given my previous statement?
3)Ride myself too hard. Am I the best wife, the best mom, the best historian, the best baker (yes to this one;). I get a little obsessive over these things
4) I don't always wash my face before bed
5)I sometimes forget my kids are very little and I should cut them some slack (see--there's # 3 again)
5 Places I Have Lived:
1) Philadelphia
2) Easton, Pa
3) Lambertville, NJ
4) Jenkintown, Pa
5) Susquehanna, Pa (where lakehouse resides)
5 Jobs I've Had:
1) Baskin Robbins--yup--ice cream girl!
2)Population Control Unit Philadelphia Prisons--don't cuss me--I'll cuss you bitch!
3)Manager/Guide Eastern State Penitentiary
4) Professor Temple University
5) Mom
I need to tag some people. Let me think on this . . .
5) I loved the city. I sometimes miss it so much it makes my heart ache. I frequently rode my bike along Kelly and West River Drive and through Fairmount Park. My favorite place to sit and watch the world go by was Rittenhouse Square. This was made all the more memorable if my adviser, Allen Davis was there. It was there, on those benches he taught me how to "read" a city.
5 Things On My To Do List Today:
1)Call my sister and ask who she wants invited to her baby shower. (did that and had a nice chat:)
2) Call my aunt and see when I need to drop off baked goods for multi-family yard sale benefiting Nina's grandnephew. Left a message.
3) Run. Did that. 4.5 miles hard and in the rain. I do rock the house. .
4) Tom's been working hard so I made him a blueberry coffee cake to make mornings a little happier.
5) Do a craft with the kids. Today: paper bag puppets
5 Snacks I enjoy:
1) Wine, wine, wine. Not a snack? Foo on you. Don't snack with me!
2) Those chocolate raspberry sticks from Trader Joe's.
3) Salami. Gross? Not to me baby!
4)My mom's crab dip.
5)Nachos from the London Grill.
5 Things I would Do if I was a millionaire: (I could quibble with this one--just a millionaire? A Multi-millionaire? Let's go with that one, it's more fun.
1) I'd make lump some payments to each of our siblings and parents. Nothing huge but a little nest egg type of thing for a house down payment, debt repayment, stuff like that.
2)Make lakehouse a 4 season place and then by a cottage in the Keys.
3)Buy Tom a new car. Something sporty and fast!
4)Take my family to a rocking Disney World vacation
5)Open my own bakery. Gasp--did I say that?
5 of My Bad Habits (here it comes. . . )
1) Similarly to Maie, I'm always right. It's very hard to be me. . .
2)Too much self doubt--isn't this ironic given my previous statement?
3)Ride myself too hard. Am I the best wife, the best mom, the best historian, the best baker (yes to this one;). I get a little obsessive over these things
4) I don't always wash my face before bed
5)I sometimes forget my kids are very little and I should cut them some slack (see--there's # 3 again)
5 Places I Have Lived:
1) Philadelphia
2) Easton, Pa
3) Lambertville, NJ
4) Jenkintown, Pa
5) Susquehanna, Pa (where lakehouse resides)
5 Jobs I've Had:
1) Baskin Robbins--yup--ice cream girl!
2)Population Control Unit Philadelphia Prisons--don't cuss me--I'll cuss you bitch!
3)Manager/Guide Eastern State Penitentiary
4) Professor Temple University
5) Mom
I need to tag some people. Let me think on this . . .
3 comments:
wait so you have working for TWO prisons under your belt? Sheesh! Now i'm honest to goodness scared of you woman! ;)
I really really want to come visit Philly, esp after clicking on all the links to your fav spots in the city, it's SO beautiful there and so much to do!
I'm wanting to visit ESP now too, very cool...and creepyish.
we have Alcatraz but this place look 100 times cooler!
oh and wine? TOTALLY a snack! ;) hee!
did you call me nosy? :D
I should not blog while "snacking":)
ESP is the original Alcatraz! Minus the view of course! Come visit--paleeeeeeessse!
Post a Comment