Monday, May 19, 2008

A New Favorite Picture

Spring keeps coming in fits and spurts and, frankly, it's on my nerves. I'm sure one month from now I'll be complaining it's too damn hot but for now, a few days in the low 70s would be fantastic.

On one of the nicer days we headed outside for Grace's favorite past time: digging for worms. She LOVES to dig for worms and I indulge her. We dig away until we find some nice big ones and she scoops it right up into her hands to study it. Luke, on the other hand, jumped back and screamed "WORM" when he spotted one. He spent the rest of the digging time sitting on my lap and refused to budge.

Here are some pictures of the digging event including a new favorite of mine:

Grace is a study in contrasts. She insists on wearing a skirt or dress to dig in the dirt and then screams when she gets dirty. But who wouldn't want to wear purple polka dots when digging for worms?

Here are the happy worms in their dirt

Grace insisted I take this picture

Off for a hike. Grace has this cute way of taking Luke by the hand and saying "C'mon Luke." And he follows. . .
Here it is. The new favorite. I'm in love with this shot.

1 comment:

Babs said...

I agree - what a wonderful shot!