Friday, July 25, 2008

Blueberries

Apparently, somehow, we missed the millions of blueberry bushes that inhabit the lake. We actually planted a bush last year but just hasn't taken off. But our neighbor pointed out to us all the wild blueberries growing and it opened the door to a new activity with the kids.

Last week I had some ripe bananas so I made some banana chocolate chip bread for our neighbors. He agreed to let us pick some blueberries as long as I kept the baked goods coming. So here is our trip to the "peninsula."

Innocuous little buggers aren't they?
We stopped to admire Mrs. Maddie's beautiful flowers
Grace is annoyed with her brother who won't leave her be
But those little blueberries kept them busy for a LONG time. Luke pops them like candy
The peninsula on a gray day. Love this shot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVED all the pics Jen! Looks like your July month was busy but fun! I am still jealous of the cottage fun!

Summer

sauconRunner said...

The lake looks amazing, totally jealous!

.jimaie.marie. said...

these pictures are fabulous!! mmm, blueberries!
did you guys happen to see Swipe the fox up on Blueberry Hill? ;)