Monday, July 28, 2008

Someone Pick Me Up Off The Floor

This past week has been amazingly busy. It is the time of summer birthdays. I did 3 cakes, 2 dozen pops, and 2 dozen sugar cookies for one weekend. Phew! I paced myself all last week and stuck to my schedule so it all went off as planned but that doesn't mean it wasn't a tad stressful at times. All in all, I am 100% pleased with how everything turned out. Everyone adored their cakes and I've been steadily improving--even my writing is getting better--looking less and less like a 3 year old wrote on the cake. Here's some pics of the goodies. Let me hear you say "ooooooh, ahhhhhh, your stuff is just the best Jen";)

This is Princess Abbie's cake. Perhaps you've heard of Princess Abbie--princess of our Wawa? She's adorable and deserved an equally adorable cake. This is from the Wilton princess crown pan and it was trickier than I thought. The details on this one were rough so I ad libbed a bit. I like the way it turned out--except for her name. It's SUPER hard to write on top of star pointing.
La, la, la, la, la--it's hard not to hum this while you work on the furry, red monster. This is Tommy's cake and I LOVE how it turned out. Elmo is on top of a 1/2 sheet. Takes a while to star tip this guy but because Elmo is so textured, this method works great for this cake.
My girl's cake! For this one you must hear Tom singing the Ariel song. Both of our kids scream "No daddy!" but it's appropriate. Here are the princesses in all their beauty. I'll point this out to you because my ever observant husband missed it: each princess has a color coordinated rose. Thank you very much. It was time consuming particularly with Grace chattering every 30 seconds: "Mom do you have an extra rose for me?" Sorry kiddo--no pure sugar treats before noon. Notice the writing is better on this cake. Not perfect--but better.
Royal icing cookies for favors. I've never done this before but I will again because it really was fun.
Chocolate butterfly pops favors. I colored them and liked the brightness of the chocolate. The kids went nuts for them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job!

sauconRunner said...

Those cakes and treats look amazing!

Theia said...

Wow! You are so talented!!!

(And great kid pics in the other posts, too. You do good work.) :)

.jimaie.marie. said...

ok i'm prrrretty sure i'm in a sugar come JUST from reading this!! LOL

my fav is the elmo cake, he looks freakin incredible!!!

and holy yummers to those choco pops...your chocolate rocks my world. for serious!

you've been BUSY lady!!