Can I say how much I've been chomping at the bit to do something like this with Grace? In my parenting dreams I get to do fun, exciting, adventurous trips with our kids. They're finally getting to that point where we can begin a new phase of fun. Off to the "big city" (as Grace calls it), we went.
I thought it might be fun to go to the Art Museum since Grace loves doing art so much. It didn't occur to me that the paintings are so lifelike, she couldn't understand that someone painted them. This was tough to explain. When I got nowhere, we headed off to the Modern Art Wing and there I had some success. But, by far, the most popular attraction was the armor and swords. Very cool stuff.
After that we hopped a double decker bus and toured the city. Grace screeched with delight when we all had to duck on Kelly Drive because the branches were so low. I have to say this was very exciting too! Cars were honking at us while offering the Philly salute. Grace and I had a picnic lunch on the bus and we were delighted when we passed Pennsylvania Hospital (the scene of the crime 4 years ago). I announced it was where Grace was born and it was her birthday and all the tourists cheered.
Here are some pics from the week:
Instead of the Rocky dance Grace is doing the "It's My Birthday Dance"
2 comments:
All the pictures are so wonderful! What a beautiful family!!
What fun! Grace will remember these special outings w/mom with great detail and love.
Post a Comment