Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Took A Nap

I know--is this blogworthy? It is. I've been really exhausted lately and I'm not sure why. I'm thinking it's the added stress from the additional kids being around. It's not that they're bad kids at all. Far from it. But it's a lot of kids constantly in motion. The energy level is high here and I think it's zapping me.

I haven't felt bad getting up to run in the morning. I've really settled into the morning run thing and actually wake up long before I need to get up which is nice. It used to take me a mile to wake up and now I'm just slightly groggy when I head out the door.

This morning we had meet the teachers at school (they start much later than most school programs). Grace did really well as we went over the whole allergy routine and then Luke got to meet the saintly "Campbell" who is beyond sweet. For him, we went over his Incredible Hulk reaction to being told no, or refusing to share, or simply correcting him. I said if he gets a weird glow in his eye, head starts to shake, and he develops a vaguely greenish color, please call in the U.S. military. She didn't seem scared. She should be. I am.

Then we hung out at Jenkintown's newest coffee shop. My sister and I got these mini bagels that have cream cheese inside-yum! I gulped down a serious coffee and we headed home. I was soooo sleepy. I convinced Grace to lay with me in bed while Luke napped. I dozed off and on for over an hour and it was luxorious. I feel so much better now.

I don't want to get too run down before this weekend so this might have to become routine!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Make sure your coach puts it into the training plan and then you've got to follow it, right?!?!? :)

sauconRunner said...

I love those naps. I get Avery to come up with me as well. I tell her she can watch her shows on Noggin. I always fall asleep first but she follows soon.

I never napped before I had a kid! Now they are mandatory.

Theia said...

I am so jealous!!! I wish I had the time or inclination to nap. Hell, I'd settle for just sleeping at night like a normal person...