I'm so excited for Sunday my head could pop off! We just got back from Kohl's and I got myself a new tank for the big day. Grace asked if it would help me run fast. I said I hope so! Then a random lady shopping asked Grace if I was a fast runner and she says," No, my daddy is!" Out of the mouths of babes, lol!
I'm so excited for a number of reasons. When I did Broad Street I was just plain scared. I had never really run that far or knew what to expect. Now I know what to expect. I know when it will start to hurt but I also know how long that will last (unless I really screw things up). And I seriously remember the elation of crossing that finish line.
I'm super excited to be running with Alexis--the Greek Goddess of Fitness. She's a very experienced runner and all around nice person. Who doesn't want to run with someone like that? She'll keep me out of my head but we've decided to help each other get that time we want. And have fun while doing it!
But, and this is going to surprise one of the blogs biggest fans, I'm super excited for Tom. He's strong. He's healthy. He's been training like a nut. He's also cute (that doesn't help him run faster though). And he is going to smoke this one. You heard it here first.
And of course I'm excited to run my first half. A few people have asked if the marathon is next and to be clear--NO. I have no interest in running a marathon. Ever. God bless all of you who do. 13 is enough for me.
A light run with striders today. A minimal run with striders tomorrow and nice stretching. Spaghetti and butter with chicken for dinner. A glass of wine. Good night.
Good luck to all the runners this weekend. I know there's a bunch of events. Hope everyone gets the time they want. And has fun while doing it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck with your first half! You will rock it.
And, for the record, last October as I finished the TC 10 mile and was walking back to my parents' place with my mom, getting ready to watch the TC marathon, I told my mom, "If I ever tell you I'm running a marathon, remind me not to!" Now look at me - in 2 weeks, I'll be running TC marathon! So never say never!
I'm soooo incredibly jealous that you all get to run together but I'm also very excited for you to bust our your best races moves on the course. GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN!!!!
Post a Comment