I realize I've fallen behind here so I'll do my best to catch you up.
Still no running. Every time I say I'm ready, that night I feel that nagging pain in my heel. If I've learned anything in my reading about plantar fasciitis, it's don't push it. If you do, you're right back where you started. I'm getting bored and worried about my waistline with the holidays approaching so I ordered some videos in the hopes it will keep me honest. I also picked up a pair of Dr. Scholl's orthodics for PF and for the past few days I've felt great. I hope this is a step in the right direction. In the meantime, I've been living vicariously through Tom and his marathon training.
This past weekend we wished lakehouse a sweet sleep. It was time. They had already gotten a decent snow and the temps have been below freezing. We had a great last weekend and I think both Tom and I had lumps in our throats as we pulled away. The kids don't get that this was the last time so we didn't push it. We just exchanged "the look" and said a big mental thanks for another wonderful year. It was the best decision we ever made buying that place.
The kids are fantastic and getting really fired up for Christmas. The toy catalogs come every day and they fight over them like they're gold. I've stopped asking Grace to mark what she wants because she marks everything. Luke just yells "cars" and when we look he demands I "get that" for him. Talk to the man in the red suit son.
Since a bunch of people have asked about my baking/chocolate for the season, I decided to set up an informal web site so people can see what I'm up to. I'm excited to finally have something up there and even more excited that I'm hearing from people who know of kids with peanut allergies that would love some safe, peanut-free goodies this season. It's seriously hard to find safe candy. I couldn't find safe candy corn this season after searching all over so hopefully I can help some families out there. If you're curious here's the link:
www.jensgoodies.blogspot.com
Other than that everyone is doing well and enjoying this fall season. I can't believe how big the kids are getting. Today Grace asked, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, if we could be thankful for Disney World. Of course, YES! But she also asked if when Digby dies we can get a cat. NO!
I hope everyone is well and is enjoying their running, families, and this great fall!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hope we can hook up along the Philly course, can't wait to see Tom run his stuff.
The not-running is madness but a necessary step; I'm bad in that I keep testing an re-testing before my body is ready.
Which may be more maddening that not running at all ... ahhh!!!! I hope to see you and the kiddos while down in PHL next.
Avery also circles everything in the catalogs and watching tv has become insane. She'll yell at me to come in the room so she can show me the toy she wants.
Can't wait to see you in Philly. Maria, Jill, you and I can sit and sulk that we can't run, just kiddin'
The goodies site is great! You've got lots of tasty good stuff there!
My nephew is allergic to all sorts of stuff -- peanuts included -- and it is so challenging to find yummy stuff to feed him so that he doesn't feel like he's missing out!
Post a Comment