. . . going on here. I realize I've been a bad blogger lately but really it's because not a whole lot is going on here. Grace and Luke are bouncing off the walls for Christmas and we picked up our tree yesterday. We had a great afternoon visiting the trains at the Arboretum, enjoying a great lunch and then a beautiful "hike" on Forbidden Drive. Days like those I just want to bottle up.
I've been busy making candy which is both fun and tiring. I know-how hard is it to make candy? It's not hard-just time consuming--and messy. I've been pleasantly surprised by the volume of orders I've been receiving and having fun trying new recipes and, of course, quality control.
I've been trying running here and there and this week I'm optimistic that things are on the upswing. I've run 2x and both days no terrible pain or aches. Just a little achey but honestly my hip flexors and quads are more sore than my foot. I'm pretty bummed at how much fitness I lost since September. I've been limiting my rns to just 30 minutes very, very easy and even that seems like a struggle--almost like I've never run a day in my life. I'm trying to move past that and realized today what a better mood I'm in when I run.
I've also been working on "core" strength. Cindi turned me on to Windsor Pilates and I'm in love with the series. It is very, very, very challenging but I enjoy the workout and hope it will pay off when I run. I've always felt like I had terrible posture when I run which I attribute to a weak back and stomach. Hopefully this will help.
Grace has been belting out Jingle Bells pretty much non-stop in preparation for the Christmas Show on Friday. She's going to be an angel but is slightly disappointed she wasn't picked to be Mary. I told her it's not everyone that can carry off a virgin birth and she seemed assured that an angel is a safe bet.
Luke continues to wing matchbox cars at me but not at the same volume we had been experiencing. His latest trick is a very odd way of saying our new president's name. I can't even describe it it's so strange. But he's taken a liking to the new guy and is optimistic that in between fixing the economy and everything else Bush screwed up that Obama will in fact save him from his nap.
So that's about it. Nothing too exciting. We're considering a run up to the lake for our anniversary into New Years. Still thinking about it but I think a little trip would do us all some good. I've got a hankering for some lakehouse energy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you for starting the Winsor pilates!! They are tough. But getting easier for sure. And I am noticing changes in my body and core strength. Not sure what effect, if any, it is having on my running. The person who started me on it swears it improves her running though.
Glad you are slowly getting back to running too!
Post a Comment