25 Things About Me.
1. I'm a city girl. I feel alive in cities. I would love to retire to the city.
2. I'm a mountains girl. A reluctant convert, yes. I'd like to split my retirement between the city and the mountains.
3. I love Will Ferrel. He makes me laugh and laugh and laugh. I adore him.
4. I have a hard time saying I'm sorry. Perhaps my worst character flaw. But I won't apologize for it.
5. I think of my mom often--probably more than anyone would ever guess.
6. I cannot imagine my life without Tom. Period. If you've seen us together, you get that.
7. I like playing with play-doh. It's curiously therapeutic.
8. I love to exercise--all kinds.
9. I've loved history ever since my grandparents gave me a kids history book series. I read it, re-read it, and read it some more.
10. In college I interned for Senator Harris Wofford. Perhaps the most eye-opening, career-changing experience of my life.
11. I'm a huge football fan. Not a casual observer--a play caller. I believe the tight end is the greatest position on the field.
12. I love the Food Network. If there was a cable network that only showed Food TV, I'd sign up.
13. I love to bake. Especially if one of my kids is by my side or sitting on the counter demanding a turn mixing.
14. I love to get the mail. It's kind of sad really but it's a major daily event for me.
15. I love to teach. Not every class is a home run but on the days I nail it, I want more.
16. I'm passionate about giving voice to peoples who have not been heard. Past and present.
17. I could spend way more money at Whole Foods than at the mall.
18. Clive Cussler is my all-time favorite fiction writer-ever.
19. I went to Italy when I was 16 and I remember every day of that trip--including the most amazing pizza at an outdoor cafe on St. Mark's Square in Venice. Sigh.
20. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
21. Intolerance makes me want to kick the intolerant's ass. It makes me seethe.
22. I wish I walked Digby more. He's a good guy.
23. I read the New York Times every day.
24. I'm an early bird. I love nothing more than a 9:30 bedtime.
25. I'm addicted to buying bedding. It's an expensive addiction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You are back! I've been wondering where you've been. Have you been running?
Great list!
We watched like 3 hours of Food Network on tivo tonight - Ace of Cakes (LOVE that show!), Unwrapped and 30 minute meals.
Okay!
#3. He is funny! I rarely watch movies but he makes me crack up!
#11. Yep! I care way too much. Dream killer Eagles, sigh.
#14. Me too! What is up with that? I rarely even get any real mail...
#17. I go to Whole Foods about once a week and the mall about once a year, enough said.
Play-doh is not only therapeutic but might be one of the best (or most memorable) smells around!
I'll retire to the city with you!! Any. Day.
I think you should consider apologizing for #4.
Post a Comment