
Looking for bugs

As you know from a previous post, Grace and I love to go to our local nature center. It's just the right size for an almost two year old and an 8 month, very pregnant mother. I was thrilled to find they had a camp for 2-3 year olds (little critters). It's for four days this week, for an hour and a half in the morning. I was a little hesitant to sign us up because Grace isn't quite two but we thought we'd give it a try. I've been seriously impressed with how well she listens, understands directions, and really, really gets involved with the activities. Of course she has her moments, but so do all the kids. So here's day one of camp:
Day 1: Sensory Awareness
We learned about how to use our eyes, ears, nose, and hands to experience nature. Our teacher explained to us to keep our ears and eyes open for lots of birds and we saw tons on our "hike." Of course Grace has heard birds before but she actually now points it out to us and yells "chirp, chirp, chirp!" We also picked up lots of rocks to see what was living underneath. We saw the usual suspects including lots of bugs. I'm not a fan of bugs and am generally not enthusiastic to see one but Grace is so I put on my best face for her. When we got back from our hike we had a snack, colored, and listened to our teacher read Eric Carle's "Very Busy Spider." Grace came home so pooped, she passed out on the sofa before I could get her to her crib!
No comments:
Post a Comment