Monday, November 05, 2007

Fun Fridays

Like every stay at home mom I know, I have a very difficult time balancing time with my children and the domestic work load. On any given day there's laundry to do, beds to be made, meals to be prepared, and on and on and on. It's hard striking a balance between spending time with my kids and getting that last load of laundry in because everyone needs socks and underwear for the next day.

In an attempt to stave off some guilt, I've created "Fun Fridays." Fun Fridays are all about the kids. No laundry, no cleaning, no vacuuming--just time with the kids. I'm picking fun activities that we might not otherwise do. This past week I decided to take the kids to the Camden Children's Garden. It's a great little gem right next door to the Aquarium and has an outdoor garden complete with a carousel and train ride. We had an AWESOME time there and the kids just loved it. Here are the pics:

Much time was spent crawling through tunnels. Notice her brother scooting in hot pursuit.
They loved these big bugs
Checking out the giant dinosaur
The carousel guy got such a kick out of how much fun the kids were having, we got to go on again
It's very hard to get a good picture of Luke on the carousel while clinging to his leg to make sure he doesn't fall!

1 comment:

.jimaie.marie. said...

what a fun place! i think the bugs were my fave. very cool :)

and good for you on FUN fridays!!