Monday, August 11, 2008

Pick Your Movies Carefully

This weekend was a great family weekend. We finally capped off the birthday celebrations and it was soooo gorgeous outside, we spent plenty of time in the great outdoors. On Saturday I managed to make it out for a quick 4.5. My legs were DEAD. Dead I tell you. . . I also felt something in my groin which is odd because I never have any issues there. It wasn't a terrible run but it wasn't great. I realized the tempo run had really killed my legs.

Sunday was supposed to be a long one but we wanted to have a family morning. That meant either getting up at the crack of dawn or working it in later. Both of us decided on later. We went to a great playground where the kids can ride their bikes and we had an awesome time. Until the storm clouds rolled in. . .

I decided to run on the TM and keep it easy to see what my leg did. It ended up totally fine and I did another 4.5. Also watched the end of Nacho Libre. Apparently "professional" wrestling encourages my legs to pick it up.

Today I wanted to get my long run in but the gods of sleep conspired against me--again. I decided I needed the morning sleep and opted for a long run on the TM. Not my favorite place but the TM keeps my pace honest. I started to watch No Country For Old Men but turned it off 10 minutes into it. Suspenseful movies are not a good choice for me. The few times I got startled I almost lost my balance--not a pretty site. So I turned it off and opted instead for the Food Network. Stupid Comcast finally got our cable hooked up and I realized it had been a damn long time since I'd seen Emril who now looks like he ate Alton Brown. . .

I worked this run hard but no matter how hard I worked it, I couldn't hang on to an 8:55 pace. I usually ended up back at 9:22. This isn't a bad pace at all. I just wanted to run faster. 10 miles in 1:36. Now I have to go see if my soap turned out. If it didn't, you'll never hear of this again. If it did, look for a post soon;)

No comments: