This weekend we went apple picking again and we were joined by Kathryn and Tom. We had another great weekend filled with nice, crisp walks, hot chocolate, and wonderful company. It's hard to believe that fall is almost over up there and I'm glad we got up there when we did to see the beautiful leaves. This past weekend very few leaves are left. The chill in the air says winter is definitely on the horizon.
After our return from apple picking we came home and Tom yelled he spotted a cat in our neighbor's yard. We walked over to see if he was still there and guess what we found?
One
Two-meow-ferocious!
Alexis I can hear you screeching from here! Mama cat took up residence under our neighbor's shed and there they were: 4 adorable kittens with teeny tiny "mews." Oh my gosh we all melted! Even the mens ran for tuna and milk. The kids were fascinated by them and the kitties did let us get very close. Luke kept putting out his hand (as we tell him to do with dogs) and the coal grey one kept smacking his hand-Luke thought he was giving him a high five. I think we all felt really bad for the little guys. I gave Tom the look a few times and he gave the raised eyebrow in return. Really it would not be a good idea to take them in. Even if we turned them over to the SPCA, no one is adopting a farm kitty in Susquehanna, Pa. So we let them be. When I went to check on them Sunday morning, they were gone. That solved that problem.
Later that night we carved our first pumpkin and it turned out fantastic. Here's some creepy pics of "Melvin" as I call him.
Not so creepy in the design process.
Spooky, streaky light. Weird.
Spooky! The pumpkin-not the kids
On Sunday we took a hike on a path we had never been on before and found this old, abandoned car.
Tom thinks it's a 1940's or 50's something or another. It was pretty intriguing and of course no one loved it as much as Luke who kept asking for Tom to fix it. It was actually kind of sad.
Grace makes this face when she has "bubbles." EXCUSE YOU!
Go run daddy! Go run! Look at junior smoking him:)
Aren't these berries cool?
6 comments:
What great pictures! Cute kitties!
I can't see the kitty pics!!!! :( I sure hope they are OK. Mama Kitty probably moved them someplace she thought was safe (and warm). (((Kitties)))
Squeal!!!! That's it, next weekend I'm packing myself in the trunk of your car, I need me some lake!
Maria, make sure there's room for me in the trunk!
I love all the pictures you post. I think I'm going to have to do Steamtown next year so I can take you guys up on the offer to stay up at your place. It sounds magical!
The colors are wonderful up north! Love it and miss being there!!!
I hope that you pulled a "momento" off of that old car! I live to find stuff like that!
Post a Comment