Friday, October 17, 2008

Running or Lack Thereof. . .

Some of you have asked if I ran the other day and I did not. After announcing my foot felt about 90% fine, it acted up again. I definitely see a correlation between how much time I spend on my feet and how it feels by the end of the day. I'm reasonably sure this is plantar fasciitis and I don't want to think about running until I feel like it's 100%. From what I've read, this needs to totally resolve and it's not something you can work through.

I've gotten more aggressive about my stretching. I'm now stretching my my calves once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I'm also stretching the fasci 2x a day. I feel like I'm seeing an improvement but I've felt that way before. Just trying to be patient and actually excited that I miss running so much. In the past this would be exactly the type of thing that would derail me. That I want to run-am dying to run-is a great thing to me. It will be there when the foot says go.

2 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Well I'm glad you have it figured out and are being smart about it. Better to let it heal all the way than try to run too soon. So are you an outdoor runner all winter long?

Maria said...

You're doing the right thing! I do hope it continues to improve.

Have you looked into getting a Strassburg Sock?